Whether your favourite holiday style is to Chill or Thrill, then a trip to the USA or Mexico ticks all the boxes. There is a wealth of holiday ideas and it can often seem too many to choose from; we’ve scoured the best destinations in the USA & Mexico to bring you our top picks to inspire your perfect adventure across the pond!
NYC: Top 5 Experiences
- A visit to New York isn’t complete without seeing one of the many shows and musicals that Broadway has to offer! Pre-book your shows such as Chicago, Mamma Mia or the Lion King and avoid disappointment.
- Hop on a ferry to experience the beauty and history of the Statue of Liberty National Monument and the Ellis Island Immigration Museum, located in New York Harbour!
- Visit magnificent Central Park in the heart of Manhattan- there are many things to see and do within its 250 acres of green spaces. Ride the carousel, visit the Zoo or ice skate in winter months on the lake.
- Take in the views from the top of the Empire State Building or the Rockefeller Center.
- For those who want to get out of the city, take a ride in a yellow taxi across Brooklyn Bridge and see the Manhattan skyline at sunset.
California: Top 5 Experiences
- You can’t go to California without visiting the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco. Cycle or walk this famous bridge spanning over 1 mile in length for spectacular views of the area.
- Hike to Vernal Falls in Yosemite National Park; a moderate to strenuous hike on the Mist Trail involving a walk up a steep granite stairway of over 600 steps.
- San Diego’s Old Town is a must visit, packed full of interesting shops, museums (even a haunted one!).
- San Francisco is home to the largest Chinatown outside of Asia, so grab those chopsticks, wander the streets and try something new.
- Both Sonoma County and Napa Valley offer something special for wine lovers, so try and make time for both destinations to savour wine tasting and superb food.
Las Vegas: Top 5 Experiences
- You can’t hit Las Vegas without visiting the Grand Canyon! So why not take an awe-inspiring ride by helicopter? Highlights of the trip include the Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, Lake Las Vegas and Fortification Hill – an extinct volcano. This excursion concludes with a flight over downtown Las Vegas and The Strip.
- Experience an incredible Cirque du Soleil performance. This world famous company mixes street entertainment with circus arts to guarantee an unforgettable show.
- Spend an evening at Fremont Street with glittering lights and its Viva Vision light show. After all, this is where it all began.
- So many malls and designer outlets – Las Vegas is perfect for any shopaholic on a mission!
- You can’t leave without putting a dollar into one of the slot machines or choosing red or black on the roulette tables – it’s what Vegas is all about!
Florida: Top 5 Experiences
- Head to the theme parks for a fun day of thrills and spills! See Walt Disney World Resort®, Universal Orlando®, SeaWorld®, and more!
- Get out on the water. There are a multitude of ways to do it – from motorised watercraft such as speedboats and jet skis, to the more natural ways of seeing the beaches and waterways such as kitesurfing, windsurfing or paddle boarding.
- Hold tight for Busch Gardens’® infamous white-knuckle rides. Experience unbridled speed on Cheetah Hunt®, or brave a vertical plunge on SheiKra®, America’s only ‘dive’ roller coaster – if you dare!
- Party through Miami’s famous nightclubs, such as Nikki Beach Club, Clevelander and Amnesia; or enjoy a cocktail with a view at one of the many rooftop bars along South Beach.
- Go snorkelling at the John Pennekamp State Park in Key Largo, the first undersea park in the U.S. and discover famous dive sites including Christ of the Abyss and the 510 foot U.S.S Spiegel Grove.
Mexico- Cancun: Top 5 Experiences
- Explore the ‘Gateway to the Mayan World’ and visit an archaeological site. We recommend El Rey, the largest site in Cancun.
- If you are looking to dance the night away, why not take advantage of Cancun’s clubs, bars and first class shows. We recommend The Coco Bongo Show & Disco for an adrenaline filled party.
- For an unforgettable experience why not swim with the whale shark? You can find these incredible creatures around the islands of Holbox and Contoy between May and September.
- Shopping is a key activity not to miss out on in Cancun, from designer boutiques to open-air markets, find the best shopping malls in the hotel zone and come home with treasures to remember your holiday with.
- Cancun boasts some of the most challenging and scenic golf courses in Mexico, so what better way to ‘tee off’ your holiday than with a round of golf! You will be spoilt for choice.
Need more holiday inspiration? Send us a message below or give us a call on 01923 440 000 to speak to our friendly team who are waiting to tailor make your perfect holiday to the USA or Mexico.